Monday, December 23, 2013

Tis' The Season







This year for the Christmas season, I decided to change a few things. I wanted give the people who don't get to experience a whole lot of Christmas cheer the chance to feel the joy of the holidays. As I began to think about the idea, I wanted to do something that many people haven't done. Because of my passion of music, I feel that music is a great way to bring these feeling out.

Last week I began this whole process by approaching a local assisted living center and asking for a list of senior citizens who don't have family in the area coming to visit them over the holidays. After receiving the assigned list of individuals, I went to each room and handed out candy sleighs, I had crafted, and sang Christmas carols. To see their faces glow with excitement and appreciation, was very touching to me. While some joined in and sang-along, other would just sit back and listen. Afterwards a few of them would tell me stories of their families and their years growing up.


This man told me nearly his life story. He told me, "Life can
throw you some amazing opportunities, and from my
experience, you have to take those opportunities and let
yourself live a little." He is such a happy man!! Very touching
This opportunity was a great experience. To see them beam with smiles and laughter was very pleasing to my heart. It was a blessing to share my passion of music to these individuals. Changing things up a bit, was a great idea and I could have asked for a better turn out!! FEELING VERY BLESSED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment