Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spiritual Life with a Busy Schedule


After three weeks, I can finally say that I’m starting to get the hang of this 8-5 schedule. All the furniture has arrived for my apartment and I no longer have to spend the night cuddled in a blanket on my bedroom floor. Now that the process of decorating and organizing has slowed down I am at the point where I can get all settled in and enjoy it all.

Working an 8-5 job, I find myself constantly busy. Waking up early to get in my daily exercise, playing music after work, squeezing in a few minutes for a devotional and prayer, and going to bed early just to repeat it all again the next day. I have come to realize that I am not the only one who runs a busy life. Truth is we all do and there others who are busier than most.

When life throws us the crazy agendas of what needs to be done, we often settle in our faith. We think that if I can squeeze just a few minutes each day or every other day and attend church on Sunday that is enough. However, I believe that Christ wants just as much of your attention as every point on your “To-Do list.”

What I have come to realize is that, it is easy to go about our busy lives concentrating on our immediate needs and forgetting or leaving little to no time for God. We often put Him on the back burner and only call on Him when we think we need Him. This is not how God intended it to be. He wants to be a part of everything that we do, and it doesn’t have to be a complicated process. If we take the steps to get closer with God, He will also get closer to us. That’s His promise. We just have to let Him in.

 

1 comment:

  1. A relationship with god is sometimes hard to have when we all have busy lives. The moments that you have to praise him and follow will all work out. God knows we are busy in life and he watches over us and our journey everyday. He has a plan for us overall and we just need to keep the faith and find away to keep working him in to our lives. I don't believe god intended life to be easy. He ultimately wants us to keep striving and learning to be successful in life!! Keep on striving!! Your doing great with your beliefs in the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete