Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Thy Will Be Done


Have you ever had a vision or dream that never came to existence when you wanted it to? Did you tend to get frustrated with the slow processes and ever wondered is anything really going to come of this? Did you doubt God’s love and power through these tough transitions?

Thinking back, I’ve had several ideas God put on my heart and most of the time they were delayed. They hardly, if ever came in the time frame that I was expecting them. I used to find myself praying the “God are you kidding me Prayer.”
           
Lord,
This is happening now? Do you not see my current situation? Am I ever going to meet the right guy? God, am I ever going to get the job I applied for. God, am I ever going to be healed from his chronic pain, or God am I ever going to get somewhere in this relationship where it is easy? God I thought this whole following you thing was going to be different.

Through these tough and stressful times, I have come to realize that we sometimes have to face opposition in order to understand his purpose. Sometimes we have to face the impossible before we really see that God is visible. I’ve realized that God is most powerfully present event when he seems apparently absent.

Anyone who has an authentic relationship with Jesus understands that we all have season on waiting on God in our life. It all seems to be part of the process. It’s not surprising because we see several occasions of the waiting season through scripture. Abraham and Sarah waiting to have a child, Jacob waiting for his wife Rachel, Israelites who wait 40 years before going to the Promise Land, Noah who waits for the flood to recede, the disciples who wait on Jesus to calm the storm after he is crucified and then wait for the resurrection, and the stories keep going.

It’s the undeniable relationship in the bible between crisis and hope, and the undeniable relationship between waiting and being transformed. In today’s culture, we seem to think that faster is always better. We have become seduced by words like fast, simple, easy, instant. We have become quickaholics who depend on what we want, when we want it.

At first glance, it may seem that when nothing goes as planned, all your hope has disappeared and you now sit at a dead end. You have banked on the promises that God has put on your heart. Quite frankly you have been told your entire life that you can bank on those promises of God. You have heard the promises that God is for you and not against you, that He has a plan and purpose for your life, that He is always with you and that He will never leave you nor forsake you, and that God is good all the time and all the time God is good. BUT you may be thinking.. “I’m at a dead end and this whole life thing isn’t turning out the way I thought I thought it was going to turn out.”

IMPORTANT NOTICE: “Just because your dream is delayed to your timing does not mean it is denied!”

It is possible that in this season of waiting, Jesus is going to have you fulfill your greatest and truest purpose. Choose to wait for God to move, choose to wait for God to answer the prayer, and choose to let God reveal your dream in such a way that starts to make sense.


Lord, not my will, but your will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment