Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fighting Battles On Your Own


Over this past week, I have been wrestling with two specific questions: “Where are the places in my life where Jesus is calling you to trust Him more fully?” and “Where am I feeling most desperate right now?” As I recall last week, it was nothing but a repeat of occurrences resulting in failure. Filled with stress, heartbreak, and tears. I could easily demonstrate that I am fortified with muscular strength; however, I stand powerless against a situation in which I have taken a step forward just to fall ten steps behind.
With much distress, I started reading Mark 6:30-46. It seems as though the disciples and I reflected the same feelings of anguish. Just as Jesus took the disciples to a place where they had never known, Jesus removed me from my normal path and allowed me to fall short a few steps on my journey to instill a faith that I would have never known otherwise. Just like the disciples, I was at the end of my rope. Exhausted and given everything I had left to give. Mark 6:37-39 continues to express how Jesus once again orders the disciples to yet another noble task. This pushed the disciples one step further. Although the disciples do as He says, they come back even more depressed.
Just like He brought the disciples through wretchedness, Jesus brings us through these same struggles to prove to us that we are powerless on our own. We stand alone when we are standing face to face with our own weaknesses. God wants to use more of us; He wants to challenge us in ways we have never been confronted before. Often we forget that life with Jesus is a constant invitation. He gives us more than we can handle so we realize and turn to him. Jesus didn’t come to change our doctrine or just one hour of our life on Sundays. The life of Jesus was given to show us the life in the kingdom of an all-powerful God.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment