Saturday, September 6, 2014

God IS Great!! I'm Right Where I'm Meant To Be.

Thank you all so much for the consistent prayers yesterday! I am very fortunate and blessed to have people like you as my support system!! 

Four years ago, I sat in my senior English class staring at blank white wall. Knowing it was only a few months before my high school graduation, I mindlessly wondered what the next few years would have in store. Throughout my high school career, I was very much involved in music and sports. I knew for certain that these were two activities that I wanted to continue to be active in when I transitioned to college.

In August of 2011, I began my freshman year of college at Belmont University majoring in Music Business. During this time, I was also a member of the Belmont University Women's Track and Field team. By the end of my sophomore year, I had come to realize that the Music Business is for sure where I want to be. However, I was VERY uncertain as to where at in the Music Business my calling was. I enjoyed every class I had taken from publishing to copyright law. At one point, I even thought I wanted to go to law school. (Dad was proud... MONEY!!) But it wasn't until the summer before my junior year of college that my life change. And it changed for the best all because of two great men! Jesus Christ and Jim Wakefield.

Only a few weeks before summer, I had the craziest dream. It was one of those that you just can't seem to get out of your head. During classes, I started day dreaming and penciling out exactly what I was thinking. After a week, I couldn't keep the thoughts to myself anymore, so I called up a family friend of mine, Jim Wakefield. I explained to him the dream that I had that has now turned into a vision of mine.

I want to have a rodeo bible camp. Jim would bring in rodeo famous athletes and I would bring in musicians that I met at Belmont University to do worship. 

After giving Jim my novel of a dream, he later told me that this wasn't just any dream. It was something that Christ at placed specifically on my heart. It was during the early times of my dreams that Jim had supported me more than anyone else. And for some reason I was fine with that. I was ready to prove my love for Christ.

That summer, I began singing worship for Cowboy Churches on the Nebraska high school Rodeo Association as well as for the Pro Rodeo. I had finally felt a security, I knew where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do.

When I came back for my junior year of college, I decided midway through my first semester that there was potential that I could graduate early. Taking complete advantage of that, I cashed in my chips and told my track coaches that I was looking to graduate a semester early. With that in mind, I began to schedule internships for the summer before my senior year as well as for my final semester of college. I started to fill out resumes for internships close to home. RFD-TV was at the top of my list. Having their headquarters in Omaha, NE and their production staff in Nashville, TN I was convinced that I would intern for the summer in Omaha doing business and then transfer to Nashville to do the production side. Two days before mailing off my resume to RFD, I sent an email to April Bach Patterson, daughter of Allen Bach and Editor-In-Chief of Rodeo Fame Magazine, asking if she had availability this summer for an intern. She quickly responded with a yes! I was now dead set on the intern with Rodeo Fame. Traveling, Moving to Texas, and being involved with the rodeo industry was what I knew I wanted to do.

During the months of Summer, I started writing resumes from fall internships. I filled ones out for Inspirational Country Music Association (ICM) and RFD-TV. I tried my luck on the two companies that I wanted to work with after graduation. RFD emailed me back replying that they were not accepting interns this semester due to them relocating. I did ace the interview at ICM; however, I already have worked with many of their artists and clients. Also, I wanted to still pursue Inspirational Country Music and therefore, was asked that I either purse the company without an artist passion or pursue being an artist and not to work there. After hearing this, I felt that God really wasn't calling me there. Without hesitation, I called up my good friend John Grady. He gladly allowed me to intern with him for my fall semester to fill out my credits.


THE BEST NEWS CAME on Wednesday August 27. I received a call from RFD-TV asking for an internship interview. With PURE excitement, I jumped up and down and did a few cartwheels! The executive of human resources had found my resume and had asked if I would be open the following week for an interview. Without hesitation I said yes!! On Friday September 5, I went in for my interview. Feeling confident and relaxed, I felt that I was going to ace the interview! At the end of our conversation, I was asked when I would be willing to start. I then mentioned that I had to find another internship to fill my credit hours. Understanding, she said, "You graduate in December, would you be willing to start January 1?" I accepted!!! The whole time I went in thinking this was an interview for an internship, but instead turned into an ACTUAL JOB!!

January 1, 2015, I will be named the Executive Writer and PR assistant at RFD-TV! I will continue writing for their Magazine, TV news, Music and Entertainment productions, and Website blogs! I will be doing exactly what I want rodeo and agriculture with music and entertainment!! I LANDED MY DREAM JOB OUT OF COLLEGE!! Now I just have to graduate,  3 Months! I will also continue to purse an artist career in Inspirational Country Music.

GOD IS GREAT!! Trust in him! Looking back, there were times when I was disappointed, frustrated, and felt angry when things didn't turn out like I wanted them. But what I learned is that God has a greater plan than ever imaginable and when you turn to him and trust in him he will lead you to exactly where you are meant to be.

Blessings!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment