Friday, October 3, 2014

Champions Know They Must Be Entered

For several years now, rodeo announcers have been using the "cowboy prayer" to start many rodeos across the country.
The prayer reads something like this: "One of these days when we ride into that beautiful land (Heaven) where the water's sweet, the grass green and stirrup high. He (God) will tell us that our entry fees are paid."

It's great knowing that your entry fees are paid, but it does you no good if you didn't call in to enter the rodeo. The Bible says that through Adam's sin all mankind is born into sin, which means separation from God..."All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)..."but...God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever should believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life", (John 3:16). God so loved us that he paid our fees by sending Jesus to die for us.

Anyone who has rodeoed knows that if the books close at 12:00 noon and you cal in to enter at 12:01,  you're out of luck. It makes no difference why you called late or the excuse you have to tell the secretary. The Secretary will probably reply, "I'm sorry, the entries have closed, there's nothing I can do for you."

Now the question is, "Have you called on God, received the sacrificed of His son, and made Him your Lord and savior? Is your name in the Lamb's Book Of Life - God's entry sheet?"

The day will come when folks will speak of their excuses... I was a good ol' boy... I helped people and did good works...I was always so busy....

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep oh his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you and since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' The the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for on of the least of theses brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who have cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.'"(Matt.25:31-41) To those who have their name in the entry book, there will be great joy as they enter into eternity. Their entry fees have been paid.

This is the Big one, the daddy of 'em all, bigger than Houston, Calgary, Cheyenne, The National Finals: this is eternity, it's forever. For sure, your entry fees have been paid...but have you entered?






1 comment: