Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Champions Live With An Obsession, They're EXTREME!


Have you ever had an obsession? My obsession from the time I was 6 years old was to be a Country Music Artist.
            Webster’s definition of obsession is “continued dwelling on one idea or emotion without the ability to dispel it.” This described me to a “T” for the first few years of my life. Regardless of where I was or what I was doing, the thought of realizing my dream never left my mind. It was truly an obsession.
            I was willing to stay up late just to practice chords on the guitar, travel long hours to weekly music festivals, sit through band practices that lasted well past my bed time, and playing shows across the state during the school week. It never occurred to me that I should be getting an adequate amount of sleep or that I should be more focused on my schoolwork. None of this mattered because it was my obsession.
            Jesus agreed in Luke 10:27 that eternal life is loving the Lord with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. That’s obsession.
“The Wicked is his Pround countenance does not seek God; God is not in all his thoughts,” Maybe you’re saying to yourself, “Does that mean that I don’t have other interests in the world or personal dreams for my life? (Psalms 10:4)
No! Emphatically no! It means that Lord is #1 in your life and HE is now able to bless your life like HE wants to. Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these (things) shall be added unto you.”
            I believe that there is a new breed of men and women in the land that worship God unashamedly. These are people who aren’t afraid of telling others about Jesus. People who fear God more than what others will think or say about them. “Behold, I do a new thing, even now it springs forth, cannot you see it? (Isaiah 43:19)
Since the year 2009, I have been very open about my faith with Christ. It was like a spirit of revival was lit inside of me! Singing praise and worship for my God has never been more exciting. Sharing the Lord’s teaching and hearing the testimonies from others has been the greatest experience yet. Truth is, people are being saved, healed and set free by the power of GOD!
            And yet, some people walk away or criticize me for my love for Christ. The liberty offends them, similar to the days of Jesus. In Matthew 10:34, Jesus said, “ I don’t come to bring peace but a sword.” There is a great dividing coming in the church: those who are unwilling to leave the dead traditions of men and whose who are hungry for change – the out pouring of God’s spirit in their lives. “I will pour out my spirit on all flesh.”
God has chosen to use people to spread the gospel-people who have holy obsession-loving, and living for God.
Are you ready to GO FOR IT? Is going to a dead, boring church once a week starting to wear on you? Do you want to See God move in your life? Do you want to see prayers answered? Do you really? Make God your Obsession.
Another word that goes with obsession is extreme. In I Chronicles: 11, The mighty men of Valor were extreme to say the least. I continue to practice my music each day whether that includes writing, playing guitar, or singing. Why? Because not only has music changed my life, it has allowed me to show others Christ.
Being extreme for God and what He has done for you will take you to the top. Let the spirit of humility lead you into an extreme life. Extreme people love extreme, think extreme, live extreme, work extreme, dream extreme, not to their glory, but for the glory of God!

CHAMPIONS LIVE WITH AN OBSESSION: THEY’RE EXTREME – GO FOR IT!!




“Like a deer that pants after water so many soul longs after you.” –Psalms 42:1

No comments:

Post a Comment