Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Faithful Losing Is Always A Reminder

Faithful Losing Is Always A Reminder

Day three in Los Angeles, California




Lately I’ve been thinking about The American and all cowboys who competed. Congrats to Richman Champion for winning the 1.1 Million dollars! Since Sunday, I have run across some of the cowboy’s responses to their performance. Some had positive feedback and others wished they had had a better performance. And while everything is already in the books, I’d like to share my thoughts on “Faithful Losing is should always be a reminder.” 

First of all, I am reminded that I cannot put our identity with my event. The times when I think that my self worth comes from what I do rather than who I am are some of the most destructive times in my life. My identity, who I am and who I see myself as, comes from my Creator not my job. The essence of me has a purpose because God put me here for a reason, and I am still here!

Secondly, losing reminds me to never quit persevering, not just in my work, but also in every aspect of my life. Perseverance brings out good qualities in your life. I should persevere in my relationship with my friends, family, and teammates, no matter what happens. I should pursue Christ and persevere in my relationship with Him. If I quit, it doesn’t matter what I do or who I am, I will not be living my life to the fullest as God created me to do.

Thirdly, I get reminded of forgiveness. It’s true! I am reminded that as a messed up person, that I am forgiven. I get more chances to do my best and to do what is right. I get a deeper understanding as to how we cannot work to get into Heaven, but instead we are given freedom in Christ’s forgiveness so that we can live, worry free, for eternity. Do I worry? Yes. Do I get anxious and nervous? Yes, of course, but with Christ, there is hope. There is a future and it is for eternity.

Although I may be upset with myself when I don’t perform to my expected level but I am always encouraged and reminded when I lose. I may lose some confidence and I may get mad, but I always am assured of God’s love for me. Win or lose, I am a follower of Christ first, a few other priorities next, then I purse my other priorities with perseverance.

Lord,
I pray that through our performances you work in us. I pray that we realize that with everything that we do, you are always part of the cheering section and want the best for us. And when we do fail to meet our expectations, you are there comforting us with your forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment